Resume Keep Building...
To be an analytical website / software developer
▪ App Development: IONIC and NativeScript Framework.
▪ Front-end Development Tools: Grunt and Gulp with various NPM plugins.
▪ Full Stack Development: LAMP, MEAN
▪ PHP Framework: Zend, CodeIgniter, Laravel and Phalcon
▪ Software Programming Languages: C, C++, Java and VB.NET.
▪ Database Administration: MySQL, MS SQL Server and MongoDB
▪ Script Programming Languages: Bash, Shell, Perl.
▪ Popular API: Google API, AWS, Stripe payment, Paypal, Walmart Market Place, Jet.com API, Facebook, Twitter, Campaign Monitor, Mandrill and Flickr
▪ Server Administration: Ubuntu, Centos, Windows Server (hosting, backup, troubleshoot).
▪ Web / Software Testing Methodology: Black/White box, Regression, Unit testing and etc.
▪ Web / Software Testing Software: QC, QTP, Selenium IDE.
▪ Web / Software Development Version Control: GIT, TortoiseSVN.
▪ Web / Software Design: UML Diagram (Paradigm), Mockup (Balsamiq).
▪ OO Design Pattern: Singleton, Factory, Observer, Template, Bridge and etc.
▪ IDE: PHPStorm, NotePad++, ATOM, Eclipse, Netbeans, Visual Studio, Dreamweaver.
▪ Project Management: BaseCamp, Assembla, Asana, Jira, Pivotal Tracker and Microsoft Projects.
▪ Other Software: Photoshop, MS Office Suite.
▪ Computer Hardware: Computer Assembling and Troubleshooting.
February 2015 – Present
Full-time Employee: Senior Full Stack Web Application Developer
Horizn Studio, Inc. – 372 Bay Street, Toronto, Ontario M5H 2W9
▪ Created and maintained Mobile APP by using IONIC framework
▪ Front-end architecture on various projects (Grunt, Gulp, AngularJS 1 & 2, LESS); and created global front-end design guide
▪ Back-end features and logic design and development in Restful API structure.
▪ Database structure design and development.
▪ Project maintenance, code optimization and MySQL performance tuning.
▪ Linux Server configuration and maintenance.
February 2013 – February 2015
Full-time Employee: Web Developer & Analyst
Radii Production, Inc. – 340 Alden Road, Markham, Ontario. L3R 4C1
▪ WordPress Front-End development based on design (Responsive Design).
▪ WordPress Back-end customization based on requirement specification.
▪ WordPress plugin enhancement and custom plugin from scratch.
▪ System (created “Clean Theme” as starter theme) & database design.
▪ Server Administration: Ubuntu, Centos and Windows Server from AWS.
▪ Research on web development technologies (Nutch, Solr).
▪ Coding optimization and various project maintenance.
February 2012 – January 2013
Full-time Contractor: Web Application Developer
RC Design, Inc. – 241 Main Street South, New Market, Ontario L3Y 3Z4
▪ In-house RC Design CMS PHP application front-end development based on design.
▪ In-house RC Design CMS PHP application back-end development according to requirement specification.
▪ In-house RC Design CMS structure and functionality enhancement.
▪ Coding optimization and various projects maintenance.
September 2009 – January 2012
Full-time: Software QA Analyst
QA Consultants. – 1 Sparks Avenue, Toronto, Ontario. M2H 2W1
▪ Designed user-case and test-case based on software testing requirement.
▪ Designed and ran testing script automation using Selenium.
▪ Maintained company website.
May 2008 – March 2009
Co-op: Software Developer
Delta−Q Technologies − 5270A Imperial Street Burnaby, BC, Canada V5J 1E4
▪ Deployed the large software called @Task to govern all the company projects and developed some applications to assist @Task.
▪ Built the software to write the algorithms into the company product – vehicle charger (UI design, programming and testing).
▪ Searched available software developed to track projects / tasks.
▪ Developed VB.NET applications to integrate with MS Project.
▪ Manual testing on the software application used in production line.
Jan 2008 − Apr 2008
Co-op: Quality Assurance
IBM Victoria Software Lab. − 4396 West Saanich Road Victoria, B.C
▪ Experienced in designing test cases and running testing automation software to test against user interface in format of Lotus Form (IBM software).
▪ Launched regression testing to test against the compatibility of new software.
▪ Used JUnit testing to test against private 3rd party API functions.
Apr 1998 − Aug 2001
Star Computer Services. − Fuzhou City, Fujian Province, P.R.China
▪ Experienced in computer hardware / software / networking installation, administration and troubleshooting.
▪ Provided customer services in daily basis.
ACTIVITIES & INTERESTS
▪ Skilled painter (good at objects and human sketch, Chinese painting).
▪ Participate in basketball, table tennis, tennis, badminton and swimming.
▪ Love to learn new technology.
Degree of Computer Science ▪ The University of Victoria, Victoria ▪ 2008
Supplied Upon Request
Timeline Tic Tac...
WordPress Pagination Implementation with Bootstrap
Hi, this is a quick post to show my understanding on WordPress Pagination Implementation with Bootstrap in theme. There are two approaches we can do about WordPress when dealing with pagination. One is using WordPress API …Jan 23, 2015
CodeIgniter combined with Bootstrap to Produce Pagination
This is a quick post about using CodeIgniter combined with Bootstrap to Produce Pagination. The CodeIgniter Pagination library is very handy to use when it comes to a request to produce multiple pages of data for user …Jan 14, 2015
WordPress Admin Object Listing Status Links Update
"WordPress Admin Object Listing Status Links Update" - This is one of common practice for modifying post / users / comments listing in WordPress Admin Panel. In Admin Post listing, you may see post filter …Jan 14, 2015
Codeigniter - Check Database Update Successful in Better Coding Practice
Codeigniter is a light weight but powerful PHP Framework. Its database class has powerful query construction syntax support to help programmer build MySQL query in better practice. Today I would like to share a quick …Jan 10, 2015
WordPress WPML 2.6 Auto Duplicate Draft with Languages
It was a weird task to handle WordPress WPML 2.6 Auto Duplicate Draft with Languages. In WordPress 2.6, whenever there is a new post, the new post will be saved into a draft post, which does …Jan 9, 2015
Div with Fixed Position showing overlaps when scrolling in Chrome
And YES "Div with Fixed Position showing overlaps when scrolling in Chrome"... I hope this description does describe what it really means when I spent about 2 hours trying to fixing it. An image below …Jan 8, 2015
WordPress - Use Grunt to Develop Site
Grunt is a great task runner with a number of plugins to choose to automate and simplify tasks when doing web development (http://gruntjs.com/). So far I have some good taste of it as a beginner. After …Jan 7, 2015
jQuery Validation Checkboxes - Place Error Message below all Checkboxes
Hi this is a quick post about using jQuery Validation to place error message below all checkboxes. The version of jQuery Validation was 1.13.1 by the time when I wrote this blog. By Default, jQuery Validation …Jan 5, 2015
WordPress Clean Theme Implementation - New Blog Theme Deployed 2015
In this beginning of brand new year 2015, I started with a quick redesign and implementation of my blog site simple2kx.com under WordPress Clean Theme Implementation. First of all, I would like to talk about design. …Jan 3, 2015
WordPress - Get rid of extra p / br tag for clean shortcode format
It has been a very long time since my last blog update. Life is busy after I proudly joined husband club. LOL Today, I start my blog by this simple but neat update on WordPress clean …May 28, 2014
NOT recommend using Avada WordPress Theme
The following review is done in Avada 3.1.1 In this quick post, I will have some of my opinions that I do not recommend using Avada WordPress Theme. Well, I am not Avada Theme hater, but …Jan 20, 2014
Summary for Upcoming Tech Study and Review
For next a while, I would like to focus on some projects QA and Launch; and prepare for my PHP Certificate Exam. There will not be much to update about tech study and some discovery. …Jan 17, 2014
Easy set of code to do social media share without using AddThis
AddThis is a great service for doing a quick job to implement social media share functionality on your website; and it also provides comprehensive statistics reports to keep track of the number of shares. However, …Jan 16, 2014
Automatically Start and Stop Amazon Instance Programmatically Follow Up
This quick post is an update to the previous post "Automatically Start and Stop Amazon Instance Programmatically". There are two cases to handle Amazon Server instance: start instance (server) and stop instance. Actually, in order to stop …Jan 15, 2014
Automatically Start and Stop Amazon Instance Programmatically
To watch out server instance running time is a bit annoying when using Amazon Server. In this quick post, I would like to introduce some approaches to automatically start and stop Amazon Instance programmatically. When searching …Jan 14, 2014
Use Ruby Version Manager Pik in Windows 7
I had some fun to use Ruby Version Manager Pik in Windows 7 today. This is some little back and forth process with multiple attempts and troubleshoots to make it work eventually in Windows 7. Here are …Jan 13, 2014
Amazon API Implementation in CodeIgniter
This is another version of Amazon API Implementation in CodeIgniter. It is a written class compared to the post I had a while ago in Work with Amazon ECS API PHP Library. The original source code …Jan 11, 2014
Nutch with Meta Tag Crawl and Solr Query Start
Here is a quick follow-up post on Solr query 3.6 after the Web Crawl and Search Engine with Nutch (1.5) and Solr (3.6) was posted the other day. In this post, I will do a quick …Jan 10, 2014
Flotchart Animation using jQuery
Here is one of chart jQuery libraries I prefer to use. It is call FlotChart. You can find it at http://www.flotcharts.org/. Good thing about it is that it can support from IE6+. Even though I do …Jan 9, 2014
Web Crawl and Search Engine with Nutch (1.5) and Solr (3.6)
I have been doing some Google search on this combination of Nutch and Solr for quite a bit some time. There are lots of online posts talking about how they do it in certain ways; …Jan 8, 2014